Table of Contents
What Gets Updated in LUCY?
There are three types of updates in LUCY:
- Major LUCY updates: Within each major update (like 2.4,2.5,2.6 etc.) LUCY updates the application and the operating system (including all relevant security patches).
- Minor LUCY Updates: During minor updates (like 2.4.1, 2.4.2 etc.) only application hotfixes and minor improvements are provided.
- Template Updates: Independent from LUCY system updates there are as well template updates for the landing pages, awareness pages, message templates and the file templates. You will be notified if there is a new or updates template which you can download using the download button.
How often is LUCY updated?
You will find updates to templates (awareness templates, attack templates, file templates, plugin templates) almost on a daily base. Those updates contain new templates or improvements to existing templates (like new languages, bug fixes etc). The application itsself with new features gets updated in avarage every 3 months. You find the major updates listed here: https://changelog.lucysecurity.com/
Does LUCY inform me about updates?
All updates for LUCY are stored on a centralized server. As soon there is a new version LUCY will automatically notify you two different ways:
- Dashboard: After you login to LUCY you will be informed on the dashboard if there is an update available.
- Status: Within the "settings/status" navigation menu you can find the current update notifications.
Where can I find the update details and release notes?
The release notes can be found in the LUCY UI under support/release notes for past updates. For current updates you will find the update information in the news feed of the dashboard and/or under http://news.gtta.net/
Updating while running campaigns
In order to do an update you need to stop the campaign. The update process usually takes between 1-5 minutes. Within this time frame, all landing pages are stopped and no mails are sent. If a recipient clicks on a phishing link, he will get the error message defined within the white label settings or the domain settings. After the update you can resume all your campaign without loosing any data. Just click on "resume" the campaign without re-sending any mails or affecting the stats.
How to do an update?
Updating LUCY is easy and straightforward and can be done in two different ways:
- Updating LUCY if you have internet access: in this case you can click the update notification button to initiate the update or you can go directly to the update feature that can be found under "Settings/Update" and click the icon to start the update.
- Updating LUCY if you don't have internet access: In this case we will build an offline update file for you which can be uploaded to LUCY within the web form. The updated file can be provided by us on request.
Who is entitled of updates?
- Community edition: only access to minor updates (like 2.4.1, 2.4.2 etc.). Minor updates are mostly security & bug fixes.
- Commercial Edition: Access to minor updates (like 2.4.1, 2.4.2 etc.) and as well major updates (like 2.4,2.5,2.6 etc.). Major updates always introduce new features.
What is the address of the update server?
In case you want to set a firewall rule to open access to the update server please consult our network communication section.
Please check our update troubleshooting section for support.