Table of Contents
Converting LUCY from VMware ESX to Hyper-V
The Hyper-V version should be 5.2.0 or later.
Before running the tool, do not forget to power off the Lucy's VM.
It's also to be noted that there must be enough disk space on your Hyper-V server (at least larger than the size of the initial VMware virtual drive).
1. Run the application Microsoft Virtual Machine Converter and select a machine type: "Virtual machine conversion"
2. Select a migration destination: "Migrate to Hyper-V"
3. Select a Hyper-V host as the destination for the virtual machine:
4. Specify a path to store the converted virtual hard disks:
5. Specify the details to connect to an ESX\ESXi server:
6. Select a virtual machine to convert:
7. Leave the options unchanged and click "Next":
8. Select a location for the converted virtual disks:
9. Review the details and click "Finish" to start conversion:
10. Wait until the conversion process is complete.
After a successful conversion, do not rush to run the newly created virtual machine. You need first create (if not exist) a new External Virtual Switch and assign it to the virtual machine (within Network Adapter settings). See the screenshots below.
Connect the external switch to the converted virtual machine:
Power on the virtual machine and reconfigure the network: